Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Q: Can my employer non-renew my contract while I am in my

Customer Question

Q: Can my employer non-renew my contract while I am in my termination appeal period ??
I was terminated from my training position just because my boss did not like. I am currently in my appeal period pending their decision. This month I was only paid until Feb08.Which is the end of the first year contract. I asked for update and I was told that the department did not renew my contract ?? is this true and possible ?? how can my contract is non-renewed while I am already terminated and appeal did not finish.
Also they changed my tax filling status from married to single and increase my tax deduction by 300$. Despite alerting them, they also withheld the same amount this month and did not fix their mistakes.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Can my employer non-renew my contract while I am in my termination appeal period ??

Response: Yes, your employer can do that. However, if you prevail in your appeal, then your contract will be reinstated.

Response 2: You need to contact payroll again about the issue so that it can be corrected.