Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

I recently was demoted from my position due to me not

Customer Question

I recently was demoted from my position due to me not providing Acurate documents...I was then assigned another position in which I have all the accurate documents...Then the following week I was suspended with out pay until I bring in Acurate documents for the position that I was demoted from..My question. Since I'm no longer in that position do I have to give my job those documents for that position.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Are they going to reinstate you in the original position when you produce the documents? What type of documents are they looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No im a not gonna reinstate in that position it has been filled.he wants my original transcripts which I supplied but he said was not good enough for him...
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

There is unfortunately nothing in the law that prevents them from asking for an accurate transcript if they have reason to believe that the one you're providing is inaccurate. You can refuse to provide it - but they can fire you if you do. The reason for that is that providing false information on an employment application is ALWAYS grounds for termination. If they have reason to believe you gave false information, and you refuse to provide evidence that you didn't, then there's no law that will stop them from firing you. They don't have to keep you in the position you have the right transcripts for if the transcripts you gave them originally weren't the right ones. This is true even if it was an honest mistake, because they can't know it was an honest mistake unless you give them the right documents.

I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Good luck.