Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

After 12 years and beingvthebtoo performer in every year, I

Customer Question

After 12 years and beingvthebtoo performer in every year, I was fired today. Atvfirstbibwas told it was because I was devisive and when I asked for an example I was told to shut up and that I was terminated. I have no warnings, write ups conferences in the subject. The odd thing is that 2 days prior I questioned why my comp plan had a huge growth to it for products we were told by the FDA not to sell?
All I want is someone to help me get a rightful severance is that justifiable?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
So you were fired after complaining or questioning why you were selling a product prohibited by the FDA, which is an illegal termination against public policy. You are going to need to sue the employer though, as you know they are not going to do anything but make excuses as they are doing.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
However, you do have a claim, you just need a local attorney to file it for you, because if you were fired for making inquiry into some illegal practice, that is an unlawful termination and they will settle as they do not want that information coming out in court.