Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I have recently been changed from hourly to salaried by my

Customer Question

I have recently been changed from hourly to salaried by my employer. I work 3 days a week and we are paid twice a month, (15th and last day).
I have been told that the fact that the 24 pay periods have varying numbers of days(I work Tues., Wed., and Thurs.) I will get the same paycheck every pay period. Some of the pay periods throughout the year contain 7 or 8 days. am I not entitled to be paid for all days worked? 24 Pay periods with only 6 days paid equals 48 weeks. What happens to the other 4 weeks?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The laws on salaried employees favor the EMPLOYER not the employee. The whole purpose of putting someone on salary is to pay them a fixed wage, regardless of the number of days or hours they work and they have to work as needed without additional pay. So as a salaried employee, you are not entitled to be paid for every day or every hour like an hourly employee. You are paid a fixed amount at least $26,400 a year and if they are doing so, then they can actually work you 7 days a week for salary without increasing your pay under FL law and the Fair Labor Standards Act.