Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My issue is regarding my current boss. I've been working .5

Customer Question

My issue is regarding my current boss. I've been working for her for 1.5 years now. When she first got the position she basically didn't create her own opinion about me and my co-workers. She just listened to what the previous team leader's opinion of us. When I was working for the previous team leader I was going through some personal things (I was dealing with pain med addiction and went to treatment for it). Anyway, I have always gotten along with my peers and in previous departments I've gotten rave reviews from my team leaders. Unfortunately, I feel like my current boss is trying to drive me to quit. I'm a trainer and every 4th quarter I train contractors to help with some of the workload. I've had 2 groups of contractors so far. No complaints from any of them until this last quarter. The contractor wasn't getting the material and I was written up because the contractor quit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I also have a medical condition and I have to take an immunosuppresant medication. With 2 young children who both attend daycare, I get sick quite a bit. I know these absences are protected by FMLA but if I'd rather work anyway, she would have me take Paid Time Off instead. Sometimes I can be more productive working from home due to my illness instead of in the office. I may just be overly sensitive but I have worked several position with several companies and I have never had an issue with "performing" my job.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Why do you believe your boss is trying to force you to quit?