Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a question. If I am fired from a club, as a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question. If I am fired from a club, as a entertainer, and I leave my belongings in my locker. What are my options when, they aren't there anymore? The club owner threw them out.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

When you were fired, the club owner should have given you opportunity to gather your belongings. If this was not done when you were let go, you should have been asked to come back to get the items, or the items sent to you. If the owner did not go through these steps before throwing out your belongings, then you can file lawsuit at the local Court where the club is located for replacement value of your wrongfully discarded items. You can obtain forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.