Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have an EEO complaint against the federal government

Customer Question

I have an EEO complaint against the federal government for race/gender discrimination. Today marked the 180th day since I filed the complaint and tomorrow I will request an EEO hearing.
As I research my agency's EEO program, I am finding out more and more that they are not in compliance with the EEO management directives. The EEO director does not report to the agency head, the person against whom I have the EEO complaint actually supervises the EEO director and I have have been denied any discussion of ADR (I know they don't have to engage in it, but I am getting a strong sense that the refusal is due to supervisory animus).
Naturally, this is not the core of my case, but is there any recourse here? If so, to whom do I bring these issues?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Your only recourse would be to request for the EEOC hearing with the Administrative Law Judge ("ALJ")and bring your concerns in front of the ALJ.