How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 18600
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an EEO complaint against the federal government

Customer Question

I have an EEO complaint against the federal government for race/gender discrimination. Today marked the 180th day since I filed the complaint and tomorrow I will request an EEO hearing.
As I research my agency's EEO program, I am finding out more and more that they are not in compliance with the EEO management directives. The EEO director does not report to the agency head, the person against whom I have the EEO complaint actually supervises the EEO director and I have have been denied any discussion of ADR (I know they don't have to engage in it, but I am getting a strong sense that the refusal is due to supervisory animus).
Naturally, this is not the core of my case, but is there any recourse here? If so, to whom do I bring these issues?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Your only recourse would be to request for the EEOC hearing with the Administrative Law Judge ("ALJ")and bring your concerns in front of the ALJ.

Related Employment Law Questions