Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have another question. A person who is filling out an

Customer Question

Hi! I have another question. A person who is filling out an application to volunteer... is the volunteer application legally obligated to be held to the same considerations in regards ***** ***** Rights such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Meaning, do volunteer applications hold the same weight as employment applications?Thank you ahead of time for your answer :D
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

The application and the applicant should be treated as though they are an employee though there are certain employment laws that would not apply to a volunteer such as unemployment benefits for example. You should still treat them the same way you would when hiring an employee. You cannot discriminate or ask questions that invade certain privacy laws, for example.