Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

An 08/30/2012 as I was manageing a McDonald's as I came in

Customer Question

An 08/30/2012 as I was manageing a McDonald's as I came in to work that morning getting my walk through done I went in the break room where my photo as the first Assistant Store Mgr as well as the Store Mgrs photo! My photo was removed and replaced with a MONKEY.. I am just not able to get over this can I still Sue this Company.. As my Supervisor blamed me also every day for what happened on till he find a way to term me from my job.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

The statute of limitations to bring a race claim is 300 days within the date f the incident under Title VII federal law and 2 years under the Civil Rights Act. It appears that you missed the statue of limitations to bring a claim based upon the 8/30/2012 event. Have other events happened within 300 days that you believe to also be discriminatory?

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just seen this same statement on Google!! Was hoping you have something else. I guest you did give me the two years answer as I did not see that part on Google.

The right answer does not change.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.