Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney
19958803

I sold my welding business with a 3 yrs non compete

Customer Question

I sold my welding business with a 3 yrs non compete contract,now can I make hand railing for my daughters porch ? I have 2 yrs remaining.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you doing so for profit or as a gift?

.

Does your contract prohibit you from working at all as a welder or just from competing with the buyer for a period of 3 years and not soliciting their customers?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's just a gift and I can weld, I just can't compete !!

Ok, then you are fine. As long as you aren't doing it for profit, you can make gifts of your products and skills to whoever you want to.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for the information, my son was telling me I couldn't and would get in trouble if I did any fabricating..

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time. And no, only if you are competing in a commercial fashion against the buyer would you be in violation of the agreement..

.

.

thanks