Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

Dear Lawyer mgr gave bad review and 30 days saverance, we

Customer Question

Dear Lawyer
mgr gave bad review and 30 days saverance, we initiated to resign immediately.
it shows on 2/11 was processed as resign, but on 2/16 it shows mgr processed as company termination by 2/20 and request us to sign paperwork. Does mgr have rights to overwrite our resign ? and which option would be better for us/employee, and impacting future job search?
Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you resigned before you were terminated then that would control and the mgr has no legal right to change the way that the employment ended.

.

But for the employee, being terminated would be better for unemployment benefits because you would be eligible. But for future job searches, it might look better as a resignation.

.

So it all depends on how long it takes to get a new job as you might not want to give up unemployment benefits if you are eligible to receive them.

.

.

thanks