Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I work dental lab, several years ago one of the female

Customer Question

Hi, My name is John
I work for a dental lab, several years ago one of the female workers grabbed me by the butt with her wet hands. It scared me and I jumped because I did not see her coming.
I am sure if the situation was reversed I would have been fire and possibly arrested. I did not report this to the owner because I was afraid of loosing my job. It still makes me feel weird but I don't know if I have any recourse.
Submitted: 1 year ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

This was without a doubt completely inappropriate conduct. However, your remedy would have be to file a lawsuit for sexual harassment, and the deadline for initiating such an action was 300 days from the date of the incident, which now has long passed. I'm afraid at this point you would not typically have any legal remedies. You can certainly still report this matter to your employer and if this woman still works there, they may decide to discipline or terminate her. But that is a personnel decision that has nothing to do with the law. At this point no law would require any particular course of action by your employer.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.