Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I received notice from lab today that my urine sample

Customer Question

I received notice from lab today that my urine sample for pre employment tested positive for cocaine, and have not used cocaine. From what I've read, positive cocaine results are rare for false positive. I do take humira for autoimmune disease.
I want to go today somewhere and take a new test on my own expense and submit negative results of the new test to employer.
Would you agree with this course of action
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Although the prospective employer does not have to accept the new results, it is definitely one of the best ways to convince them that your test results were incorrect, especially if your employment urinalysis just recently occurred. You can also contact the employer and provide them with any citation you might be able to find that the drug you are prescribed could result in a false positive. Or, if you think there was poor handling of the specimen (for example wasn't marked with your name when you had it in your sight or something else wrong with the chain of custody) you might point that out.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 16th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.