Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

How can I find an employers pension plan, whom I worked a

Customer Question

How can I find an employers pension plan, whom I worked for with a profit sharing plan who refuses to help locate my pension. The company name was R J Mapes Mfg Co of Norton Kansas. Owner name was Robert J Mapes. I worked there in the 1960's and 1970's for 10 years. There was a profit sharing plan that I paid income taxes on the deposits. My name is***** 11/10/43. s
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that there is only one other place to seek to locate this profit sharing plan, if there was one, is through the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (http://www.pbgc.gov). If the PBGC cannot locate the pension plan, then I am afraid that there is no other way to find it I am afraid, since that is the only other place it would be registered.