Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in employment law, unions, contracts, workers comp law
20355756

I was given a verbal warning by my immediate supervisor

Customer Question

Good morning. I was given a verbal warning by my immediate supervisor for not meeting a realistic deadline after my upper - level supervisor gave me another deadline that I met. I have both emails of both deadlines from both supervisors. What are my options?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

Unless you are a union member (where they have certain rights to remain employed with the employer because terms were negotiated in a union contract) OR you believe that you have been discriminated against and singled out for poor performance reviews and ultimate termination because of your gender, race, age (over 40), religion, sexual orientation or physical or mental disabilities, then there is generally nothing that you can do in such a situation except to pursue unemployment compensation in the event that these incidents truly have nothing to do with you and your job performance leading up to the termination.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if I can answer any further follow up questions for you on these matters. If not, can I please ask you to press a positive rating above in the rating section so I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight? I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above. Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it is simply a trigger to the website to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. MARY