Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My supervisor assigned me to carry around heavy metal

Customer Question

My supervisor assigned me to carry around heavy metal easels. I have a bad back and said it wasn't really good for me to be carrying the easels. She shared my remark with the accommodations poc (Fed. govt.) and I got an email from the POC requesting thatt I fill out the accommodation medical forms, as if I had requested accommodation. where would I file a complaint? I have email proof that she shared the info.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm not positive that I understand the issue, however. Are you saying that you are angry that your supervisor informed the accommodations poc that you have a bad back? Also, are your duties supposed to include carrying easels (or anything else heavy)?

Thanks.

Hello again.

It doesn't look like you're online right now, and so I'm going to log off for the evening. Please feel free to write back at your convenience, and I will be alerted and will respond as soon as I am able.

Thank you.