Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I was recently dropped to part time at my job in retaliation

Customer Question

Hello, I was recently dropped to part time at my job in retaliation for informing them that I would begin looking for different work if my wage request was not met. Am I eligible for underemployment benefits until I find new work in NC?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have cut your hours to less than you would make on unemployment, you can apply to unemployment for partial unemployment benefits for going from full time to part time. Unemployment would have to calculate your benefits based on what you earn each week and what your maximum unemployment benefit would be.