Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I had a complete rupture of my Achilles Tendon on September

Customer Question

I had a complete rupture of my Achilles Tendon on September 16, 2015. I went to the VA to request a MRI and treatment on September 17, 2015. They did not schedule me a MRI like I requested. 10 days after the injury the ER had an appointment scheduled with an Othropedic Surgeon and he confirmed it was a complete rupture and I would need surgery. I told the VA the results again and they still didn't do anything until I told them I would get a lawyer. 2 1/2 months later they finally out sourced a surgeon to repair my Achilles. Cause of the long period In between the injury and surgery the surgery was complicated. They had to do a tendon transfer and full recovery will take over a year. In the meantime I lost my job became very depressed and can barely walk. I was going to file a lawsuit with the Veteran Affairs office for Malpractice but don't what a proper amount or value should be. Can you please help me with some advice?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I do have experience in this area...would it help to talk on the phone? I can make that available for $10 additional

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can talk on the phone if I need to. If I find the information to be helpful then I would talk on the phone for more information. I've been out of work since December 2nd so I'm getting low on funds.

I sent the offer for a phone call. If you accept we can chat. Otherwise I am happy to opt out and allow others to assist you

Let me know

Follow up...I have not seen a response. Are you looking to speak this evening?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not looking to talk on the phone. I just need to know how to put a value on damages and losing my job cause of this injury so I can file for malpractice for not treating me.

We can discuss that if you like.

Or, if you would rather I can opt out and perhaps someone else will assist you

let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you assist me through on here without talking on the phone?

No. SOrry. I will opt out and allow others to assist you. I wish you the very best of luck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is this site a joke or what?

No...it is not a joke. I explained to you I was willing to discuss this complex issue over the phone. You declined so I have decided to leave this question and allow others to assist you if they are willing.

If you want a refund you can request that through the website.

Again, I wish you the best in your endeavor