Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have an employee that got injured outside of work she

Customer Question

I have an employee that got injured outside of work she fractured her ankle, and missed 2 months of work, She just returned to work last week, she had 5 days prior to her injury, but since her injury, we had to hire another person to cover her shifts, now I am only giving her 2 shifts at the moment, am I supposed to give her all her shifts back by law?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a manager at a restaurant and the employee is a server and her job requirement is to be on her feet for 5 plus hours a shift, she had 5 days prior to her injury but she only worked max 30 hours a week
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today.My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area.

I’m happy to assist you with your question today. A few preliminary questions: 1- in what state is employer located, 2- how many employees does employer have, 3 - how long had the employee worked for employer, 4 - has the employee worked more than 1250 hours in the past 12 months.