Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

If our company pays time and 1/2 but not office staff is

Customer Question

If our company pays time and 1/2 for holidays for clinicians but not office staff is that the company's choice? Office staff earn PTO and can use for the holiday or use leave without pay but if the work the holiday it is paid a straight time.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

There is nothing unlawful about this practice. In general, employers have vast discretion when it comes to compensation and are not bound by fairness or required to treat all employees the same. The only thing an employer cannot do is based compensation decisions on legally protected traits, such as race, religion or gender. (i.e. paying women less because they are women).

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.