Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am being blackballed by the hospital that I am referred to

Customer Question

I am being blackballed by the hospital that I am referred to by my insurance. i feel that I was treated outrageously by my doctor, and when i complained, the board decided I was the problem. I am prevented from having a PCP through my hospital and all of its clinics. I have had two serious surgeries this year, and have done nothing to deserve this. I have no PCP now. What can i do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to hear this. I think you need to contact the Colorado state agency that administers licensing. This type of investigation may prompt the hospital to reconsider their unusual stance. Here is the link...https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/health-facilities-complaint-and-occurrence-contacts

Are there any other facilities in the area near where you live? I ask this because if there is no other facility that is a reasonable distance from you then they are creating an undue hardship on you by refusing care. You may need an attorney to send a letter and possibly file suit if this is the case. Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can assist with. I'm also open to talking via phone for an additional charge.