How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked deutsch here in taos nm watching s newly purchased

Customer Question

I worked for jeffrey deutsch here in taos nm watching his newly purchased house &property since his request in september 2015. ***** *****ves in houston tx. He has sent me checks but his records were different from mine from the notation on the checks so at the end of the year i sent him by mail statements and a balance sheet stating the charges & additional charge for statements. He also called me for additional work which i performed. The total bill was for $90 and he wrote in an email he would not pay mr for the requested service of delivering keys to the plumber and then retreiving the keys. He said he would not pay me for the statements sent. Now mr deutsch will not answer email or phone since i returned house keys after we spoke prior on the phone and he agreed to pay me for all charges. I know this is a very small amount but i am on social security and the money for hours of work since september thru december 2015 would be helpful plus now all the extra hours i have put in trying to get my money. My hourly wage for services was $20. Is there any way i can force jeffrey to pay me. He is a high official in a bank in houston
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter. Please tell me, you want to bring this matter to court?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

And do you know, if the man you were working for has mail delivered to the home you cared for? This is important as if he does not, then you will need to bring the matter to a court in his county and state. But if he is getting mail at the home in NM then you can bring the matter to a court in the county where the house is and you were employed.

Thanks and I will await your response here.