Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

California Employment Law
, Ohhhhhh lord...... where to

Customer Question

California Employment Law
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ohhhhhh lord...... where to begin I'm a manager who directs a team of investigators Recently, my boss has been micromanaging every aspect of my job Which gets in the way of me doing my job. Which in turn, has a negative affect on my department, causing me to put in over 25 hours a week in OT He is creating a situation where his instruction, and failure to allow me to manage is causing my department to fail, but I have to put in the additional time to try to get it back on track Tonight, I left at 5:00 PM, after working an 8 hour day, after working both Saturday and Sunday and he said "Will you be returning to work or working from home tonight to get caught up?"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am very sorry to hear about your boss's micromanagement tendencies. What is your question regarding this situation, exactly? Are you asking if what your boss is doing violates the law?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.