How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2120
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The business (hospital) I was working. They did not pay me

Customer Question

The business (hospital) I was working for closed. They did not pay me for the two weeks prior plus two days into the new pay period. I also have not heard from the people who handle my 401K plan. What recourse do I have in getting paid for what is owed me. Thank you, ***** ***** Kirkland.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You absolutely have a right to be paid and find out information about any savings you have under the 401k plan. You may need to file a lawsuit however to get that money. They may have filed bankruptcy which would make it virtually impossible to get it, but it is worth pursuing until you are aware bankruptcy has been filed. Depending on the amount owed, you could file in small claims court if the amount owed is less than $5000.