Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Its regarding non-compete
, I was working employer A

Customer Question

HI this is Avinash its regarding non-compete
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was working for an employer A throught vendor A at client A my employer A and vendor A have a non-compete right now I moved to employer B (vendor B to client A) I don't have any non-compete with any one can my vendor A do anything to me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have no non-compete and the non-compete is only between vendor A and employer A, this has no bearing on you leaving and they cannot stop you from doing so. The only one who could possibly be liable would be potentially Vendor A, since employer B is a client to Vendor A and Vendor A should have stopped employer B. However, that is not preventing you from leaving and unless employer B had some agreement with Vendor A, that is not their issue either. The only agreement is between Company A and Vendor A.