Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was fired after I reported an HR case at work against my

Customer Question

I was fired after I reported an HR case at work against my boss for Harassment and Discrimination, all of my benefits were taken away, I was not notified, I lost my condo and was also homeless, and they proceeded to mess up 21 payroll checks. Nothing was done internally? How should I approach this legally?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. However, I am unclear on some of your facts and what it is that you want to pursue. Can you tell me first, what was the stated reason given by the employer for terminating you? Are you saying you were the victim of the sexual harassment/discrimination and the only reason you believe you were terminated is because you reported this? What, briefly, was the alleged harassing and discriminatory behavior? Are you also saying that your HR didn't investigate the allegations at all? What does your payroll check issue have to do with the harassment issue and is the timing simultaneous or subsequent. Finally, how long ago were you let go and what do you mean by "I was not notified?"

Hello again--I see that you have read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you still need assistance, then I will respond as soon as I am available after receiving that information. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for the Site and request a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.