TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

In a department of labor Appels hearing is it a conflict of

Customer Question

In a department of labor Appels hearing is it a conflict of interest if your supervisor represents your employer? Is it also a conflict of interest if your Union represenitive is used as a witness against the union member.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I don't see that it would be a conflict of interest if your supervisor represents your employer. In fact, in his capacity as your supervisor, that is exactly what he does every day (i.e., he is the face of your employer). He doesn't owe you any duty, so there would be no conflict.

There would be no conflict of interest if the union rep is a witness because witnesses are not representatives. In other words, if the union rep were going to represent your employer, then that may be a conflict of interest because the union should represent employees. But in this case, he's merely acting as a witness. So there is no conflict. Witnesses merely tell truthful information that they know.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks you have answered my question

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service, and please remember to provide positive feedback.