Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I worked company as a millwright,. 10years. I was recently

Customer Question

I worked for a company as a millwright, for aprox. 10years. I was recently fired, for what I feel was a combination of reasons. The company even fought my unemployment claim, where I prevailed. I didn't even bring up the main reason that I feel I was treated unfairly, because I didn't want to drag the company "through the mud" if I had a chance of being rehired there. (my job skills and the union rules limit where I can work and make the income i've been making). This is a bit of a long story, and it may be more efficient to talk by phone to get the details. my name is B***** ***** and my phone # ***** (###) ###-#### thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In most cases we can resolve issues here in this forum without customers incurring the additional fee involved with a phone call (as required by the site, as experts are not employees of the site and we do not have anything to do with their requirements). So let's try to resolve this matter here and if a call ends up being necessary I will send you an offer.
Now, was this termination in violation of your union contract and did the union file a grievance and seek arbitration yet? That is the first requirement as a union employee.
Also, was the termination based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin or for making reports that you had a right to make under some law or statute?