Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

Can you recommend employment lawyers on 22407 area? And are

Customer Question

Can you recommend employment lawyers on 22407 area? And are there any resources out there to assist in determining if you have a case against an employer?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

Yes. Here is a link to the Virginia's Employment Lawyers Association for the representation of Virginia employees: https://www.nela.org/index.cfm?pg=Virginia

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited or my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh I thought I'd be able to enter my specific question regarding the circumstances once I posted the payment.I was demoted in pay by 30k due to email conversations between myself and another leitenant critical of corporate policies and coworkers. Mostly it was colorful venting but was clearly perceived as something more. Work performance remained solid. No prior offenses. The problem is that the punishment was much greater than other more egregious actions of coworkers. And in all the other situations male managers were given the opportunity to continue working through their "suspension" and simply forfeit accrued leave -- I was not given that option. In addition, the men where all ultimately reinstated within a week or two. I was not. My replacement was hired within a week. I've been offered a lesser position but it has turned somewhat intimidating with the owner of the company strongly stating he does not think I am a good fit for the company any longer. The company has a history of not firing people because they want to keep their workers comp rates down, so they demote and offer very unfavorable work schedules etc. what do I do? Do I have any grounds in an at will state to proceed with a grievance? There are many bad practices at the company that ice witnessed as a manager and many of which were relayed to the colleague via email -- albeit not most constructively. But they were often the root of the discontent.

Did you file a workers' comp claim before the demotion?

Do you believe that the actions taken against you are because of your race, gender, disability, or religion?