Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have question I work full time job and I just get the off

Customer Question

Hi I have question I work full time job and I just get the laid off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: but I am member LL of my wife nail salon. Can I get Unloyment ? inusrance?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If you were terminated from your job for reasons other than misconduct, you should be eligible for benefits. However, any money you made from the nail salon would need to be reported to the unemployment office and that money would offset any benefits to which you might be entitled.

For example, say that based on your earnings you would be entitled to $300 a week in unemployment benefits but you make $200 in a given week at the salon. You would only get $100 in unemployment benefits that week. If you made zero at the nail salon the next week you would get the full $300, and if you made $400 at the nail salon you would get no unemployment benefits at all that week.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.