Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can my company re my replacement while I am still employed

Customer Question

Can my company hire my replacement while I am still employed (still have 5 months left on my employment contract)?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I can think of nothing that is unlawful about what you describe. In general, the law affords employers tremendous discretion with regard to how they choose to run their business and something like this would fall well within their purview of authority. Is it perhaps uncomfortable? Yes. But it just does not violate any employment law or business law.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.