Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

At my school district I took Bereavement Leave. My

Customer Question

At my school district I took Bereavement Leave. My father-in-law's funeral was December 30, 2015. I took the days from January 4-7 as my bereavement day as I offered support to my wife and mother-in-law. I was also able to help with much of the paperwork My district in PA is saying I have to take 1 sick day and 3 personal days instead of bereavement leave. Remember the funeral was over a holiday and not much could be accomplished.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Can you please tell me are you a union member? Do you have a contract that entitles you to bereavement leave? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.