Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was red 6 months ago to work in a Central Scheduling /

Customer Question

I was hired 6 months ago to work in a Central Scheduling / Radiology Dept/ I passed the 90 days then the 6 months. However the entire dept is constantly monitored and there are 8000 calls coming in a month. Even though you are doing exactly what they are demanding they constantly critized and belittled.
Also, when I was hired I was never told that lunch would be half hour/ and no breaks in the 8 hour day. Also, never told that my holidays to be off/ would be paid out of my PTO. There are no personnel, sick time etc/ vacations are accrued and day off must be booked 6 months ahead/ by seniority.
I have just resigned and want to know can I at least attempt to collect/ also can I make a complaint against my Immediate Supervisor on a state level.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

When you say "attempt to collect" do you mean unemployment benefits? When you say make a "complaint," do you mean a lawsuit, or what exactly? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.