Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Since last time. I asked you the question, about CEO and

Customer Question

Since last time. I asked you the question, about CEO and Supervisor not honoring our union contract. This past weekend My supervisor asked someone with lower seniority to come in. Do 4 hours of overtime. When the contract said seniority.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 10 months ago.

When the company won't follow the union agreement, you really only have two options (and actually one must follow the other).

You have to file a union grievance and allow that to be completely processed. Once that is done, and it isn't resolved in your favor, you have to hire a local attorney to sue for breach of your contract in the state court. You can't sue though until you've attempted the internal grievance.

As a separation action, if you find that the union is not assisting you, you can file a complaint against them with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) for failure to represent.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.