Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was in activity with employer and was fired... Now can't

Customer Question

I was in sexual activity with employer and was fired... Now can't even get unemployment.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Why exactly were you fired, and did it have to do with your sexual relationship? Also, why were you denied unemployment? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was fired for a message I sent about a Christmas bonus and then I was fired...

It sounds like some details are missing here. If I were to ask your employer why you were fired, what would they say? What did the unemployment office say when rejecting your claim for benefits?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They are saying due to ongoing work performance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How can you help me

Normally claimants are only denied unemployment benefits when they are terminated for misconduct. So, I'm trying to figure out why you were denied benefits if you were only terminated for work performance, which would not typically be misconduct.

Also, here on Just Answer we are limited to answering specific questions about the law. We cannot provide general legal advice or representation, so in order to assist you I need you to ask a specific question regarding your situation. What exactly is it that you would like to know?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to write a appeal letter as to why I need my unemployment. The state doesn't not know of any of this what happened leading up to it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Very frustrated and don't know what to do??

I don't think I can help you with this, so I am going to opt out in favor of other attorneys. Please do not respond to this message, as it will delay a response from someone else. Another attorney should be with you shortly. Very best regards.