Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I was terminated from my employement by and A Director. I

Customer Question

i was terminated from my employement by and A Director. I appeal to the CEO and he then forward my letter to one of the attorneys to look into my case, whom then turned around and is having the same AD call me to discuss my case, Should I write the ceo and cc the attorney he assign and send the sypnosis surronding my termination that someone who assisted me wrote as proof of her been part of the problem?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You can certainly do that, but legally speaking if they want you to work with the AD to try and resolve this issue, they can do that. Nothing in external law would impose on the employer the obligation to work with you in a certain way when trying to resolve a termination issue. The employer has that discretion.

So really, if the employer is not willing to work with you through the attorney or the CEO directly, there is no way to make them do it and your letter could go ignored.

You'd then have to make an appropriate filing, depending on what your argument here is. For discrimination, you'd file a complaint with the EEOC or Department of Labor. For a breach of contract, you'd sue in state court. Even after filing that sort of suit, the employer would then work through their attorneys and your own.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.