Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I;m a fereral employee .O.O.The yearly awards came out last

Customer Question

I;m a fereral employee for D.O.O.The yearly awards came out last week.All my co=workers were given cash awards.For the first time in 26years,I got zero.My job performance was never called into question,my attendance was very good and timely.I received no sub standard work warning or complaint.It is my firm belief ,the boss thinks I'm counseling employees in political matters in which we are juxtaposed. In addition I'm disabled and that general can irate a narrow mind.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

An employer cannot treat you differently based upon a disability. Since all other employee received bonuses and you received none an assuming you are the only one disabled, it appears that the employer is discriminating against you based upon a disability which is illegal. The options are file a complaint against the employer, or discuss the issue with the employer hoping for better treatment and the bonus that you were entitled to. Even if you attempt to work it out with the employer after notifying it of the issues you can still pursue a lawsuit as long as you file a claim within 90 days of the last discriminatory event.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for y time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.