Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I live in Massachusetts and am a man working part-time at an

Customer Question

I live in Massachusetts and am a man working part-time at an American Legion club. I was suspended for 2 weeks for closing the bar at 10 pm. on New Years eve. This year there was no function i.e. party, as we historically have had. The bar was basically empty. The manager stated the bar has to be open till 10 pm at a minimum. I met that threshold. In the past year I was laid off from my regular job and had asked the manager for any extra shifts available. I received one shift in 6 entire months. Another bartender female had been intoxicated behind the bar and strippped naked in the bar on duty. No suspension for her. The manager was given direction by a patron to go to entirely female bar staff. We have no written employee handbook.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me how many employees this club employed? I assume that you were replaced with a female? And do you have evidence of the direction that they go to an entirely female staff?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?