Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I work State of New Jersey as a secretary. I was in an auto

Customer Question

Customer: I work for the State of New Jersey as a secretary. I was in an auto accident on September 11, 2012 and the year before I was hit by the elevator door at work. My employer has sent me to their doctors who say that I am able to do my secretarial duties with weight restrictions and some carpal tunnel issues. I am still experiencing pain and going to a pain specialist and a chiropractor (neither of which want to fight with the State). Now my employer doesn't
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, Now my employer says that they want me to tell them when I have upcoming doctor appointments and to schedule my vacation time around the job. T
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok. Long story short, they are working on firing me if I say I can't come into work because of my injuries. My pain doctor said to talk with a lawyer about what he could say in my behalf to protect me physically and legally. I have documents I can email you if you want me to.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 10 months ago.

Have you filed a workers compensation claim yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a lawyer who is handling my workmen's comp case. can you suggest a medical specialist who can give an up to date diagnosis for my job?

I cannot but that is something the workers comp doctors should be able to do. The workers comp attorney needs to schedule you up for an appointment with a doctor soon so that you can obtain such information.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there anything my pain doctor can say in a letter to my employer so I can get my employer literally off my back??

The pain doctor can write a doctor's note describing your work restrictions which you could give to your employer. The employer is legally required to accommodate any work restrictions and make any reasonable accommodations necessary so that you can get better and return to work.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for y time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.