Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My name is ***** *****. my question is about accrued

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. my question is about accrued vacation. I worked for a large fortune 500 company and my offer letter stated accrued vacation and paid holidays and floating days as well. I was also a comm. employee. I had to fill out the forms to take days off but in looking at my pay check stubs nothing was coded to holiday pay and or vacation and even sick going back two years. shouldn't I be paid for that by the company and not pay myself via my commission.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my job was commission based on what I sold but again my offer letter said paid vacation, holidays and sick time. It looks as though I was not credited by the company for this at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Finance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Can you please tell me what state you are in? Also, when did you first raise this issue of unpaid vacation/holidays with your employer, and what was their response? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.