Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

How can I get unemployment after I quit

Customer Question

how can I get unemployment after I quit
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unemployment in CA is available to employees who lose their employment through no fault of their own. To be eligible for unemployment, an employee who quits employment voluntarily must do so only for good cause directly related to their employment (such as a change in working conditions that are so bad they are intolerable to the reasonable person, not just you). Other than loss of employment through no fault of your own or good cause directly related to your work, you cannot get unemployment for voluntarily quitting.