Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I had a work injury in Tacoma. I was taken to hospital and

Customer Question

I had a work injury in Tacoma Washington . I was taken to hospital and diagnosed with head injury but released , went back to work two days later but was told there was no work for me . I received unemployment benefits on the previous employer account
Can I reinstate my previous unemployment benefits or wait for workman compensation claim I have a case number ***** state of Washinton
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help.

You can receive UI benefits if you have enough wages on file form both of these employers.You file here, UI verifies the amount of wages and amount of your UI payments.Assuming you have enough wages you can draw here up to 26 weeks.

You also have a right here to pursue WC claim for lost wages, medical, etc.You should do so and may consider a WC lawyer locally.They work contingent fee so you do not pay here it comes out of your recovery from WC.

Lawyer for that here.

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/workers-compensation/washington

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Apply here for UI benefits..

https://fortress.wa.gov/esd/webic/intropage.aspx?Lang=en-us

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry you have had to go through all of this.I know it can be overwhelming.File for UI here, consider a WC lawyer to pursue the WC claim as well.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.