P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11181181

I am being sued of daughter by my ex-husband partially based

Customer Question

I am being sued for custody of daughter by my ex-husband partially based on the result of a failed pre-employment drug test given to me by a friend of my ex-husband. Is giving out this damaging information even legal? There is so much more to this story it is difficult to summarize here. I don't know what to do I feel like I was trapped.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But do not understand your question...you are asking if the court can consider this test result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are these results, which I was told would not be given to anyone, be used against me in this hearing.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Can you give some context...how did your ex find out about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person doing the hiring is a friend of my ex-husband. I have a text where he states he will not share this information with anyone. Then out of the blue I am summed to court to try and keep custody of my child.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
The court can consider evidence on "what is best for the child" when deciding custody matters.

If there is evidence you are using illegal drugs, the court can consider that in deciding if they will modify the current custody order.

So this is possible...that is, it is possible for the court to consider the evidence.

Consider hiring an attorney who can help you prepare/present your side of this to the court.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.