Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My daughter was fired from a social media company from an

Customer Question

my daughter was fired from a social media company from an altercation at a bar for which someone had video this. it was a thyme event Gatsby thyme, and her friend got into this confrontation at the bar where both parties were ask to leave. while outside the other party continued to verbally yell obscenities to them calling the one girl ugly Pocahontas.keep in mind they are dressed in roaring 20s attire. My daughter responded back just go away Pocahontas.this was video and she was called into HR and terminated for racism.Is this valid and something she can pursue.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. She can certainly explore a possible wrongful termination claim but the risk she runs is that not many juries or judges would rule in her favor after that video is displayed in court.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you

I think what she may consider is consulting with an employment law attorney who can at least give the employer the impression she will challenge them or sue them. This may get them to reconsider it or allow her to resign for example.

If you do not need further assistance, kindly accept the answer, and provide a rating.

Good evening. We only get credit for answering your question if you accept and provide a rating. If you need further assistance, please let me know.