Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was fired on my day off. Simply black. I went to the

Customer Question

I was fired on my day off. Simply for being black. I went to the office to pay taxes on cash the manager had given me. The property owner was there, with his secretary (we had never met)and before i could tell him why i was there. He just said I was fired.and walked out. No reason. When I called my manager. She just said" he was having a bad day. And I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.nothing else. Apparently this property owner owns most of the Virginia Highlands. His name is***** can I do? Thank you. Craig white
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If you believe that you were fired because of your race, your recourse would be to file a discrimination complaint with the EEOC. The EEOC will investigate and attempt to mediate a resolution with your employer. That not forthcoming, they will either file a lawsuit on your behalf or issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will enable you to sue in civil court with the assistance of an attorney. You can get the EEOC process started by following the instructions here.

I hope that you find this information helpful.