Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

I was being harassed at work. Someone was letting air from

Customer Question

Hello, I was being harassed at work. Someone was letting air from my tires at work. Caused me to have blowouts. It happen more than once. Then one employee followed me home and tuck picture of my home. Text it to me. I had a accident at work which I rolled a truck. I was terminated. Now my new employer has Drivers that are telling me they have seen pictures of the work truck I wrecked. Asking me if I wrecked a truck.
What can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You can notify the police. What you're describing is harassment, which is a type of stalking. Letting the air out of your tires could cause you to have an accident and could be charged as attempted murder. This is pretty serious. Following you home and taking pictures is also unacceptable and illegal. Police can go to your employer, investigate, and try to figure out who has been doing this. Once you know, you may also be able to file a civil lawsuit against that individual, but you need to know who they are first.

As far as your employer goes, there is unfortunately no law that prohibits them from showing people the picture they took of the accident. There's no right of privacy in things available to the general public, and anyone driving by could've seen the accident and taken a picture. But the person who was following you, vandalizing your vehicle, and otherwise stalking you can and should be brought to justice.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.