Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My daughter just began her career teaching 5th grade in the

Customer Question

My daughter just began her career teaching 5th grade in the public school system in Georgia. From day one she has received wrong instructions, wrong curriculums, given wrong dates for meetings or not told at all and has generally been harassed by her team members. She has not received help from her peers The principal is new and has admitted to her these particular teachers are known to make teachers quit or transfer. My daughter's state student test results are very good, above or at the state average and her students opinions of her are high. She has been ridiculed for taking extra time for those students who have troubled lives and are slower than the average in her class. In fact, these students were transferred to her class from the classes of the other teachers.
She has been threatened that her job is in jeopardy but nothing has been in writing, every bit has been verbal.
As her father I am very concerned of her welfare and I am now looking for legal assistance in this area.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter for your daughter.

How provides this information to her? In other words, she is on a team and the team is responsible for sharing the proper information?

Who is saying she might lose her job?

Is she part of a Teacher's Union?