Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

My wife was fired from union job absents. The day's were

Customer Question

My wife was fired from union job for unaccused absents. The day's were excused or she was told that they were . there are guy's on this job that missed more days then her..in contract it states that there will be a verbal warning and written warning before termination. She received nether is this grounds for sexual discrimination.she cannot get unemployment an has lost medical insurance..please help
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Yes, if there are men in the same workplace that have missed more days than she has, and they were not fired, then she can allege gender discrimination based on disparate or differing treatment. She needs to contact the EEOC in your state to make that allegation so that the matter can be investigated and preserved for trial.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.