Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was let go because "my driving skills" Not my driving

Customer Question

I was let go because "my driving skills" Not my driving records, i was working for the company and had two complaints for people on the street (unable to confront them) that claim i was driving bad, then I have a crash against somebody who skip the red light right when i was in the intersection, the gay recognize his mistake and his insurance pay for everything, then I tap on a car when i was doing a u turn, no damage of any kind to the other vehicle, but somebody (other that the owner of the vehicle) claim that i hit the car and he will report me, i locate the owner and ask her if thing i make any extra damage? she said she did not see any and she will no pursue any claim but I had to report it to my supervisor in order to comply with the company policy, of course the company was not affected at all and I tought it will end there, but 2 months later jan 5th i was lay off, i had the open option for apply to unemployment but i wonder if i have a case to recover my job?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, in what state are you located in, please?

Also, you are an 'at-will' employee, correct--you are not under a union?