Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I am a 48. Male. I have been employed 19.5 years. I have

Customer Question

I am a 48 . Male. I have been employed 19.5 years. I have been a salary paid production supervisor for 12 years. In may I was told that I was missing some hours during my scheduled time. The hours in question were hours that I left plant site and was conducting company business. I was made to "pay back" those hours by giving back comp time that I would have otherwise earned. During that time i was undergoing harassment from my manager. I turned in my manager for harassment shortly after. The safe harbor investigator found nothing wrong with my managers behavior. He done this gs like calling my neihbor and telling them that i called in sick and to look over my fence and report back to my manager. It was no surprise that the investigator found nothing wrong with my managers behavior. Recently I was not considered for promotion due to my complaints while people that were not as qualified as I was interviewed and ultimately hired. I have been in contact with the fair labor standards people. They agree that my manager is breaking the law with paying back hours but they don't have the resources to do anything becomes I am considered a " highly compensated employee" and suggested I get an attorney and file a complaint with the EEOC. I feel like they are allowed to continue harass and disipline me with no legal recource. Please let me know what to do. There is much more to this than i can put here.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

It is illegal to engage in harassing behavior against an employee. An attorney would be equipped to bring a claim on your behalf if so desired along with a wage and hour claim as well for taking earned wages from you.

Here is a link where you can search for competent employment attorneys in Wyoming: http://attorneys.superlawyers.com/employment-litigation/wyoming/

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.